Sunday, September 04, 2005

Carl Edwards wins Busch Series Ameriquest 300

Edwards won Saturday night's NASCAR Busch Series Ameriquest Mortgage Company 300 just a few hours after winning the pole for Sunday's Nextel Cup Sony HD 500.

Carl will donate this weekends race winnings for Hurricane relief.

I can't thank my crew enough," said Edwards, who won $89,076. "I'm going to donate my winnings tonight to the hurricane relief fund. We're thinking about you guys."

"It's a very special win because of what happened to the people in New Orleans," said Brad Parrott, Edwards' crew chief. "We're not the ones suffering; it's the people of New Orleans and Mississippi. My house is open to anyone who can come up to Huntersville, North Carolina."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click here for Maria Sharapova, another athletic hottie!